Saturday, October 26, 2013

Review of Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

0

  

Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

3.5 stars

The title 'Escaping Reality" is really in the sense what heroine Amy Bensen is trying in her life. 

I didn't read the blurb of the story when I first read it so I got confused in the beginning.

This story tells about Amy Bensen (which isn't even her real name but Lara) about a past she's trying to escape. When she was 18 she lost her family to a fire which there wasn't more reference to this. Starting her life as Amy Bensen, she was able to escape her past until she received a message from handler (who saved her that time). Even though she didn't want to hide anymore, she still wanted to live. 


On the way to her next stop she meets Liam Stone. Liam Stone a reclusive prodigy protege architect billionaire. He also has a dark past and never wanted anyone to get to know him till he met Amy. He wants her despite Amy's reluctance. Liam keeps Godzilla away and Amy wants and needs him because he is her escape from reality. When they are together she doesn't think of her past.

But the ending, Amy heard something she wasn't suppose to while looking for Liam but because of what she heard she couldn't trust him and runaway again.

It is confusing because it wasn't mentioned who was she running from and about what really happened 6 years ago. The book showed some glimpse in her past but not what information we really need. I kind of hated Amy along the way. I know she had a dark past but she's very indecisive about her actions. I'm glad that Liam persevered in getting under her skin which was good for her. They both compliment each other. More like they need each other.

And the ending, let's just say I never expected that. Now' I'm more confused about it.

Overall, I like the flow of the story. It was a bit slow for me in the beginning, plus Amy was getting on my nerve along the way. In the near end it got more interesting but the ending is a big a cliffhanger.

Do I want to read the second book? Yes. Definitely. More than ever I want to know about Amy's life before as Lara and why that conversation happened in the end.

Disclosure: ARC given by netgalley

0 comments: